Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[3 / 0 / ?]

No.2789525 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
just read this on /b/

>The US government is working on a system which will be doing real-time pattern analysis on every OC192 pipe (10Gbps), probably everywhere in the US.
It will be based on muti-FPGA-processing boxes (Stratix4 and higher I assume), probably with in conjunction with dedicated server farms.

>I know this because I am subcontracted to do a small part of the project. This project is supervised by suitcase-holding "GMan" type people, etc.

>I am posting this through proxies; but after the system is deployed (within a year or so), it will _no longer help_.

>They will be able to do real-time packet analysis and match internet traffic to a source in a matter of minutes. The only "safe" places after that may be public wireless hotspots.

>There is nothing I can do except supply these tidbits of information.

>Thanks for reading.