Update 2022-09-17: Added the 50 million missing 2007-2008 /b/ posts! Read about this and other changes here.
Update 2023-06-21: Added 2 million 2004-2014 world4ch/dis.4chan textboard posts.
Update 2023-07-10: Added 3-4 million 2006-2013 posts from the former chanarchive.org.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2004-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[18 / 0 / ?]

No.3083714 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Let's try and make a Warhammer 40K race, or post the races that you have come up with yourself. Sure, I understand that none of these will be official armies, or ever be played or properly made and that GW should just update current armies that aren't Space Marines. However, we are just flexing our imaginations and trying to make races and factions that would fit into the Warhammer 40K universe. Without disturbing the background too much.

Also, hard mode, it must be non-humanoid.

I was thinking about a race of lion-sized nautiloids (see image) with a clan-based structure. They wear biomechanical diving suits that contain a hydrating chemical and close any punctures with muscular action, mechanical gills that allow indefinite respiration in air and synthetic legs and claws in order to travel the surface. Over the suit, they wear armour crafted from the shells of their ancestors. Their society revolves around heat and warmth and it is symbolic for them to inhale the ashes of their enemies. Helping this out is the fact that most of their weapons are radiation-based. Their background generally involves a lack of any psychic activity whatsoever and a complete unawareness of it. So, they send out millions of colony ships containg nautiloids in suspended animation, aiming to land on selected planets and deposit their cargo. However, their homeworld was attacked by the Imperium and after dozens of decades of siege, were eventually wiped out with virus bombing and Exterminatus. So, now the colony ships all encounter different fates and the surviving colonies become mercenary clans.

I just have an image of a massive nautiloid clasping a struggling guardsman with one claw while it incinerates it using a tentacle-held thermal torch, inhaling its ashes in the process. That's what made me come up with the idea.