Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[56 / 13 / ?]

Rebirth of Haruhi: T-23 Days

No.48906642 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Just about three weeks remain until the Haruhi Suzumiya Light Novels make their long anticipated return with books ten and eleven! This anon has dedicated himself to making a thread with a different header each day until the official release! Today's header is Konata Izumi!

What's that? Konata is from a completely different anime? Of course I know that! But as you can see, the anime adaption to "Lucky Star," was chock-full of Haruhi Suzumiya references from cosplay, to lookalikes, to theme songs, and just straight up having Haruhi Suzumiya guest star on the show! I believe /a/ as a whole convinced themselves that the Lucky Star anime wound up becoming a big Haruhi advertisement campaign, and well... I know the messages weren't subliminal!

I personally did not complete the Lucky Star manga, but I would assume that frequent Haruhi references were not the case in the 4koma collection. (Correct me if I'm wrong!) But one must wonder... would the anime in itself have been better or worse without them?