Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[78 / 25 / ?]

why

No.48907759 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You've got to be kidding me...

I decided to watch Madoka after "reading" all the Mami (mammaries) threads. I'm not really a fan of mahou shoujo, nor was I enticed by the cute appearance. I gave it a try anyway because I like to form my own opinions. First episode was somewhat like what I expected, cutesy moe stuff. Wasn't fond of Madoka or the other characters. Seemed a little boring too.

Then Mami came to the screen. Over a short two episodes I grew an attachment to Mami stronger than any attachment I felt for any other character in any other anime I watched. It was done right, Mami did not need ten, twenty, thirty episodes explaining her backstory, everything was already there.

And then, holy shit, episode 3. After lurking in those Madoka threads I unwillingly learned what was going to happen, just not when. I got a bad feeling when Akemi warned her about the witch. I thought my body was ready, as ready as I ever could be and when the episode finished, I couldn't believe what the fuck just happened.

All in all, I'm really enjoyed it after the end if episode 1, but now I just can't bring myself to watch the next episode. I want to but after seeing my favorite character die, I just can't. That and I don't like Madoka at all (the character).

tl;dr baaawww mami, why

Sorry for writing this shit but I had to vent for the first time in a long time.