Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[46 / 1 / ?]

I think I'm losing it.

No.12120259 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Long ago, I took it upon myself to go through the process of 'self-improvement'. This path led my to lots of introspection and constant questioning of myself. More importantly though, it led me to the questions of how the mind works and the intricacies of consciousness. I got into meditation, and started to look at the extrovert and introvert mindset. Also, importantly, I began to look at the mindfulness mindset as opposed to having constant though. I think it should be known, before I go on, that I am extremely intelligent. I have a massive working memory. So, to continue, meditation and mindfulness led to me questioning how I use my consciousness and it led me to discovering, that there are really 2 ways that I can function. I can either be first person, seeing and hearing everything, feeling, and essentially 'looking through my eyes', or I can look at everything from a third person perspective, almost as if I am controlling this body from some sort of divine spectator behind it. When I am third person, everything is automatic. I tell myself to sit and type, and it happens. I tell and imagine myself at the gym cranking out extra dead-lift reps, and it happens. This takes off many limits which I have on myself, both physical in the gym, and socially, and everything. It is very odd, though, because it raises the question; what am I? And is this the best way to function, as opposed to the other way, which I would call first person view, or mindfulness. I would also compare this first person view to being extroverted and the 3rd person view to being introverted MAYBE. In the first person view, I am limited, it seems. I can lift less at the gym. I get twitchy when I talk to girls.