Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 1 / ?]

Help

No.5872353 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey everyone. I'm in a huge dilemma.

I've been going out with my girlfriend for 5 years now, we're both 20 and since we started going out, I think I have spent nearly every day with her.
For some time, I haven't really been happy in the relationship, for various reasons.
1) She is quite clingy, wanting to know where I am if i'm not with her, or always wanting to spend time with me.
2) She will get really jealous about other girls, never letting me become friends with the opposite sex.
3) I feel like I never got the chance to explore my sexuality i.e. do the bar scene, be single etc. seeing as throughout the significant years of my adolescence, I was with her. I always find myself wanting to have another girlfriend.

However, I really do love her. She is wonderful. She is quirky and funny, and she really does love me.

I have moved to London now, to university, and she is still living where we came from, but we call eachother every day and talk.

I find myself shifting between states of wanting to be with her, and states of wanting to be single. We've nearly broken up many times, had some huge fights, but we always get back together.
I feel like if i broke up with her now, her heart would break (not being egotistical... she really is THAT intensely in love with me) And I just dont think I could do that to her.