Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!cUi3QgFU5Zl
[305 / 48 / ?]

!!cUi3QgFU5Zl No.7873572 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi /adv/, femanon here. I'm having problems with my best friend and I need some advice (lets call him Mike).

I have been best friends with Mike since we were kids. We hang out all the time, he comes over to play video games, watch movies, we go to shows, go to the beach. We had the same group of friends and everything in high school and a lot of us are now at the same university. Mike and I have helped each other through some really hard times and he's like family to me.

My problem is I met a guy that I like. Lets call him Kevin. I met Kevin in one of my classes and I've started spending a lot of time with him. Since I started doing this, Mike has been getting more and more cold towards me. I'm still hanging out with Mike and our group of friends, but I think he's getting mad because Kevin is taking up time that I used to spend with him. Like last week I went to a concert with Kevin. I didn't break plans or anything with Mike, that's just something we normally would have done together. Mike is also really cold towards Kevin even though Kevin is trying to be his friend. This is my best friend so it's making me really upset.

How can I get Mike and Kevin to be friends, and get him to be ok with me spending less time with him? Also, I think the problem might be that Mike doesn't have a girlfriend. I think if he did, we would both kind of be on the same level. I've tried to introduce him to girls but he just gets annoyed. How can I help him find a girl?