Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[92 / 3 / ?]

Friends?

No.8683306 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have two best friends, we've been best bros since Kindergarten. One of my best friends recently confessed his feelings for me which at the same time meant he was coming out that he was gay. He told me for years I've been the only person who's stuck by him 100% and he fell in love with me, he said I'm all he thinks about, I'm the only person he feels like he truly connects with a deeper level, etc. I love him like family but I'm not gay so I turned him down. I said I was flattered but I couldn't return his feelings. He wasn't too upset over it, he said he knew I'd say no but he needed to try. I said I was sorry and I told him I hope our friendship doesn't change because of this. He said never and best bros for life and all that other gay stuff, we hugged and hung out the rest of the day. So our friendship was fine.

If it wasn't obvious, I don't have a problem with gay guys. We should all do what makes us happy. That said, my other friend doesn't feel the same way. All three of us, we're like a little group. So my gay best friend (Let's just call him J) told my other best friend (Let's just call him M) what had happened between me and him and that he was gay. M was really not happy with this. He called J a bunch of names and was really hostile since he told him he was gay, they had an argument and M told J he didn't want to be near him again since he was gay. I was talking to M and he was really mad at me. He was like "Why are you still friends with that fag?" and how could I just remain friends when not only did he come out to be gay, he's in love with me. I told him that no matter what differences we have or how we feel, I stick by my best friends. I would stick by him if he was different and I stick by J too.