Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!0tsy17fKEwi
[229 / 7 / ?]

Therapists are crooks and liars

!!0tsy17fKEwi No.9832050 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /adv/,

Does anyone here have any experience with a therapist who isn't simply getting paid to listen and offer no advice or any sort of tips on coping skills for dealing with assholes and stress or a pyschiatrist who only sees you as a guinea pig to pump you full of experimental drugs and fuck up your brain chemistry even more than it already is?

I wasted $90 for one session and I can't get a refund. I feel as thought I was totally ripped off. I would show the transcript of the conversation that transpired, but it's personal. In summation, I rambled about my problems and the therapist was just asking a lot of unrelated questions and saying "yeah" and "uh huh" alot. Finally at the end of the session he gave me some shit advice about moving to a new place or dealing with the people causing me grief. What kind of shit advice is that? He also asked me what I would do in the situation? Isn't that the reason for me asking for fucking help? Why would I spend my hard-earned dollars asking for help only to have my question answered with another question?

I'm pissed off now.