Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[6 / 0 / ?]

No.332290 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Guppies.
They are either fucking awesome or just plain tough.
I started an aquarium few years ago.
I bought few fishes:
4 danios, 1 corydoras, something I don't remember and 4 guppies.
Soon some of danios died and guppies started breeding.
It was (and still is) extremely "casual" aquarium (no knowledge about fishes or plants).
I bought few fishes more. Corydoras died, new danios died too, some algae eating fishes (those guys with sucker instead of mouth) died, but guppies still replicated.
At any given moment there are at least 20 guppies in my small (40-60 liters) aquarium, which is more than sum of all other fishes I ever had and through entire history of my fishkind only about 7 guppies died.
I gave about 40 of them to other people because they overpopulate like fuck. My aquarium sucks - dirty water green with algae, glass is covered in green strands of living plant shit, ground has bigger % of shit than of rocks and sand... and yet those fuckers thrive.
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong/right with them?
Pic partially related - mine are red and look less decorative and more like wild fishes.