Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 0 / ?]

No.333258 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, /an/, I come to you for advice.

I'm doing research on how difficult it would be to raise a Chinchilla, which is a gift for my girl (she's pre-vet). I know she's willing to go the distance dedication-wise (as I know Chin's take a lot of work) but I'd like to know a few things from people who personally own a couple.

First off, how difficult is it to Chin-proof a room? As I understand it you need to cover electric cords and errant pieces of furniture, but what all does this include? What would we need to hide/cover so that the Chin could freely roam under supervision?

Second, does anyone have any suggestions as to a specific cage or habitat to use? Or any tips about food types, other things to purchase?

Are females or males generally easier to take care of? And will two of the same sex do, or do we need to get opposite sexes and neuter one?

Again, I'm doing research on this personally on the net, but I'd appreciate any and all info from those of you who personally own Chins. Thanks!