Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 0 / ?]

Picking a Reptile

No.336684 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Dear /an/,
My girlfriend and I both go to the same university and in the front lobby of her dorm they have 2 50gal aquariums and a 50gal terrarium. I noticed right away that they were totally mistreating the animals - the fish were rarely fed, never had their water changed, etc. and the 2 geckos and turtle they had in the terrarium were being fed the wrong food. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the turtle was at least semi-aquatic and they had no more than a water dish for him...
So obviously I have spent the past semester trying to figure out who is in charge of the animals (it turns out that no one really knew and that no one really was...WTF?) but now I'M in charge of them.
So I have a lot of work ahead of me, but right now I am focusing on clean everything out and figuring out what they have. However, they apparently released the turtle back where they found him (which pisses me off...) and I can't find the geckos at all.
So, once I've got everything under control, what should I put in the terrarium?
pic semi related: Bearded dragons are a possibility, but I'm not pleased by the conditions the animals are in.