Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[11 / 0 / ?]

No.337216 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Dear /an/,
Recently, I helped re-home two chinchillas- that is, I took them in from a girl who didn't have enough time to spend with them anymore. That's just the start of my troubles.

Although I'd done a lot of research prior to bringing them into my home, there's still a lot I don't know about chinchillas, I'm sure, and still a lot left to know in general.

To start, both chinchillas are female, and being kept in a cage together. They don't seem to get along amazingly (picture is them from previous owner, I've never seen them do this yet D:), but this may just be the stress of the move. It's been two weeks now, but I'm still not sure whether they've settled in or not.

Both chinchillas come from pet stores. The bigger one was bought first by the previous owner, and has had a lot of human interaction- but I have a feeling she may be missing her previous owner, and therefor not inclined to bond with a new person.

The smaller one was in rough state when bought from the petstore- they were feeding her rabbit food, and she had no dust bath. She's come a long way, but she's still less inclined to human touch.

Both of them are eating and drinking- in fact, the bigger one drinks a LOT. Far more than I've heard of Chinchillas drinking.

Can you overfeed a chinchilla? I give both of them about a quarter of a cup of food a day (altogether), some timothy hay, and an alfafa block, as well as sometimes a treat.