Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[15 / 0 / ?]

No.337424 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /an/.

My crappy 70's era apartment complex has a ton of cats. People have them when they move in, then suddenly realize it's an extra $200 or something a month to have them inside, so they're suddenly 'outside cats' and leave them on their own.

I don't particularly like cats, but I don't hate them either, and I hated seeing them just abandoned in the cold, so what do I do? Put out a little warm milk, buy and put out some cat food (kitten food if I see a little one), put up a tarp around my little 'back porch' area to keep out some rain and put some milk crates with old towels outside next to the wall.

I've been doing this for... like 6 months or longer, but suddenly my tub of a manager knocks on my door and she says there's too many cats around and if I leave out food and keep an 'environment' for them it'll just draw them here along with possums and raccoons. (Which I have never seen in the area in my 10 years living in this city.) Then she threatens that if I take care of them, it could be said they're MY cats and she could charge ME for them. That's $200 something for like 5-8 cats.

I hate people.