Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[13 / 0 / ?]

No.337783 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I seek the advice of some bird owners.
I've been thinking about getting a bird lately. I know for a fact that I will have enough time for one, but I am still thinking about what kind of bird to get. I've owned a pair of budgies for about 5 years, but sadly they passed away last month in a very unfortunate teflon accident. Anyway, I've been considering getting one of these birds.
Indian Ringneck Parakeet
Cockatiel
Sun Conure
I've been reading up on all three of these and I'm still stuck on which one seems good for me. Growing up, my mother had an old cockatiel, so I know what it is like owning them. Only thing that bothers me about them is that they seem to be really attached to their owner and nobody else. As for the conure, they seem like they are really nice birds but from what I've seen they sound VERY loud. That doesn't bother me too much but I feel that their loudness might detract from their sweetness. As for the IRN, they seem pretty nice but I don't really know what to expect from them. They are all pretty different birds, but I would like to get some feedback from fellow bird owners before I continoue researching them. Pic semi related.