Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 0 / ?]

No.338157 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/an/ I have to seek your advice on a situation. I told my friend I would take care of his birds at his apartment while he took a week-long trip for work. This is scheduled to start tomorrow. It seems the idiot got a puppy yesterday. I have to work 35 hours a week and I really don't think I can take proper care of a puppy with those time limitations and my utter lack of knowledge on the subject.

Forgetting for the moment how much of an idiot he is and how he should have consulted me and such. What should I do?

All I can think of is tell him to go back to where he got it and beg that they will take it back. If he doesn't do that, though, my choice is to either do it anyway, or refuse. If I refuse, he will not be able to go on his work trip and lose his job / apartment.

Sorry to introduce you to this depressing situation.