Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[17 / 0 / ?]

No.338502 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /an/,
I just adopted 3 female rats. The two oldest are just under a year and the youngest is 13 weeks. I put them into there habitat last night and they seemed very content. However, when I woke up this morning I heard a "whining" noise. I looked inside the box they like to sleep in, and found that one of the older females was wheezing! She had been sneezing a little last night but I thought it was from being in a new environment. Other than the wheezing she is active and is eating and drinking. Perhaps she is wheezing because she's in a different type of bedding? Or, could it be something more serious? If she's still wheezing tomorrow morning I am going to take her to the vet. In the meantime, do you have any suggestions?

TL;DR -- My new rat is wheezing but appears otherwise healthy, could this be from her new bedding? / Do you have any suggestions?