Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[10 / 0 / ?]

gloriosa

No.339687 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
hey guys, anyone have experience growing these? I'm growing some from seed right now, here's a copy of a post I just made elsewhere;

I spent two years in Zambia and collected a seedpod off a flame lily, (christmas plant is the common name there, since they bloom en mass around dec 23). I dried the pod and took the seeds out, then I mailed them home. I followed later, and by the time I got them in soil, months had passed. I thought they were not going to grow, but after about a month in the pot they were in, they sprouted. I think heat and water were key, as I'm in michigan, and they could have been watered better. In any event, they are seedling size now and looking grim, since the light level in detroit is very low these days. The overcast usual to michigan fall really cuts down on daylight. I just put eveyrthing under an Ott Light, so I hope that does something great for them. I'll also try to figure out a net or trellis to support them as they grow.

In case you're interested, I gathered my seeds from a dambo near my house. It was an area with acidic soil and partial sun, due to taller growth in the area. They grow during the rainy season, when the temp is high 70's to 90's during the day, and it generally rained every day, so they got alot of water. The area was a miambo woodland/grassland in terms of general growth.

If anyone has any experience with these seeds, lemme know. I've got them to 3 cm height (stem, 6 cm to the end of the largest leaf). and I'm growing them in topsoil with peat on the top, although I might remove some of the peat, if the less healthy looking seedlings don't perk up with the supplemental light.

If anyone has an opinion, post it.