Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[21 / 0 / ?]

No.340451 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So /an/ this is what happened today.

I was walking home and happened to see a King Charles Spaniel wandering around the street. It had a collar on so I knew it was owned, but wasn't sure if it was lost. So I waited around for a few minutes and could tell the dog was obviously very confused. It then decided to wander onto the road near oncoming traffic, so at that point I picked it up and dialled the number on its collar. There were 2, so I rang the first one.

It was some Asian woman who said she owned the dog. When I told her that I found it wandering around the street, she just said "yes, yes, yes, thankyou, thankyou, sorry, sorry" so I just hung up because it was clear the bitch had no idea what I was saying.

(I live in Australia. Here, Asians immigrate and the husband learns English, goes to work and provides the money for the family, while the wife never knows English and stays at home to take care of the kids.)

So I ring the husband and had some luck with him, he said that his wife was home and gave me the address. He said the dog occasionally wanders around. Then it struck me, what kind of dumb family owns such a tiny, fragile dog, and lets it roam the street?

So I took the dog's collar off, took it to the animal shelter, and left it there. I'm going to pick it up in a week and take him home to meet my other dog (poodle).

Now /an/, was this the right thing to do by the dog, or was this the douchebaggiest thing in history anyone has ever done? Should I pick up the dog myself (if the owners haven't done that already, which I know they won't), or should I take it back to the owners? I doubt they're worried about it though, they seemingly care so little about its welfare.

Pic related, a King Charles Spaniel.