Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[38 / 0 / ?]

No.344052 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey, /an/. My cat died today.

I let her outside, because she really wanted to go out. I figured she needed to pee or something and that she'd be back.

We found her 24 hours later, curled up by a radiator, dead. We managed to guess her time of death; she had only died about an hour after she had gone out. She had been sick for a very long time... it was kidney failure, something we think she had her whole life. She was only five years old, and she had always been a small, frail cat. We figure she was born with it, and that it was only a matter of time.

I am so distraught. She brought me so much joy over the years, and I'm going to miss her very much.

The reason I'm making this topic, /an/, is that I want to know: do you think she suffered? She just went outside to find a place to curl up and die...

I am honestly crying right now. If she had a painful death, I could never forgive myself.