Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[14 / 0 / ?]

No.344624 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /an/.

So my 19-year-old cat has been getting pretty frail lately. I've been away at school the past three or four months, and I come home to see that she has lost significant weight and does not move from the carpet around her food/water dish. She is not very strong, though she is still responsive and talkative to people. My mother refuses to take her to the vet on the grounds that she believes it's a waste of money given my cat's age. So, what's your experience with frail, aging cats, /an/? I've had my cat since I was 3 and it's very difficult to see her this way. She wasn't this bad during the summer (though she did have decreased energy, it seemed). It's just hard because she is dying while I'm not even around to be with her.