Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[63 / 4 / ?]

Rat Poison

No.983538 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A question for /an/,

Why does rat poison *have* to be excruciatingly painful for any animal that ingests it? Why can't they make a poison that numbs their system and makes it more painless? Why can't they put in a type of painkiller or something? Don't the people who make these poisons have any thought of not only how the animal dies from it, but how others die too? What is so bad about manufacturing a poison that limits or eliminates the agony felt to the animal? I don't know if any of you have seen a poisoned animal before, but it's so sad. :(

I don't mind killing things, but I really hate the idea of an animal suffering so much just because of what it is. It's just unnecessary. I'm all for humane killing, I just don't really agree with torturing them like that.

I reckon all these sort of poisons be banned, and replaced with more humane and hopefully more efficient ones where secondary poisoning is unlikely. Some might not give a shit, but I say "fuck 'em, because I do". I don't think it's right to cause so much pain to an animal when you can kill it less painfully.