Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[27 / 3 / ?]

No.984732 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /an/. I come to you asking for advice. I got this kitten two days ago from a lady whose 'son is allergic'. She had him for about 2 weeks, and got him from the local pet store. My town has a couple of pet stores that are not allowed to have cats/dogs, because they got them from puppy mills, but this pet store gets its animals from breeders and animal shelters.
Anyways, while at the pet store, my kitty got his first needles and dewormed, also checked by a vet. This vet said there is nothing wrong with him.
However, he is supposedly born on February 24th, making him 2 months old. However, he is very small. He is 9.5oz, and extremely boney. He won't eat hard food, but is very eager to eat soft food. When he does so, however, his teeth grind really bad. He is using the litterbox great, but I always have to wipe his bum when he's done because he falls over when he tries to wash himself.
He is extremely clingy, and is obsessed with heat. When he's not laying on my chest, he's on my laptop or something else that's warm. He cries sometimes, and it's a very pitiful cry. He is extremely inactive, just sits around until he wants to use the litterbox. And, he's not playful at all.
The woman I got him from said the pet store said he was a runt. This seems to make some sense, if the pet store didn't lie about his age.
I was just wondering what I should do. I have 2 other cats that I got when they were this age, but they were not like this at all.