Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[18 / 3 / ?]

No.985065 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /an/,

My dog Cody is a mixture of some of the most neurotic breeds ever. He's half great Dane, quarter husky and quarter dalmatian. He was also a stray and exhibited some severe signs of abuse and neglect when he wandered onto our doorstep.

He's been living with us for over a year. We've taken him to obedience school and he's grown very comfortable living with our family and our two other dogs (miniature dachshunds).

However, he still has a lot of irrational fears and is very quirky. I assume this is because of the mix in breeds and his troubled past.

My problem: He's so cute and I wanna take pictures of/with him but he's scared of cameras!!! I'm trying hard to slowly introduce him to the concept of getting your picture taken, but he immediately starts shuttering and runs away or cowers in fear. How can I help to prove to my dog that cameras are not scary?

TL;DR:

My dog is scared of getting his picture taken. What do?

Pic related. My dog taken with a camera phone (only device he's comfortable with)