Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[5 / 1 / ?]

No.985692 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
hey an.

its snake season so i've been seeing alot of these threads lately, so why not contribute for other new snake keepers.

i just returned home after a week, and my baby boa's eyes are beginning to look very milky. if i look closely i can still see his normal coloration and 'slit' of his eye underneath, but its quite clouded over. (like the picture provided, but more opaque) he is not rubbing his nose, but seemed more agitated than normal when i was handling him today (i guess that could be response to my absence for the last 5 days).

my question:
- how long can i expect this to continue before he actually begins shedding?
- around how long will it take him to actually remove the skin on his own? (hes only 2 feet long)
- can i help him along and just-more or less, pull the skin off once he gets it going? i guess more hold onto the skin while he pulls away

need a quick and simple answer then i'll delete the thread.