Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[6 / 1 / ?]

No.986165 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /an/, rat question for you rat owners!

I rescued this rat from a now no longer in business terribly run rat "breeder" who I am pretty sure just bought a bunch of rats from the pet store.

I've owned rats before, but this one's different. Let me describe him... First off he's an adult. His fur has certain spots/lines where it's slightly bald, and he's very, very anxious. I have to keep him separate from anything but humans, as he'll attack my other male rat and my dog. He won't bite me at all but I have to be very calm with him and make sure he knows its me whenever I pick up him or feed him, etc. I'm almost certain they never even bothered to let him out of the cage, but he doesn't seem sick or anything, just stressed and timid.

Is there anything I can do to make his experience here more enjoyable, and possibly return some of that lost fur?

I named him Xerxes, by the way. I thought it was a cute way to describe him.