Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[8 / 4 / ?]

No.987357 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I live in a semi-rural area. The family property sits on 8 acres of woodland. One of those acres has been cleared of trees for the house and a yard. We have a whole bunch of bird feeders and houses around the house so that song birds can visit us year-round.
We also have a dog that we let run around our property for the most part supervised. If he wanders out of sight for too long, we whistle him back and he comes out of the woods.
My father trained him so that even when he's in full chase, a few pips of the whistle and he stops what he's doing and comes back. (Our first dog got hit by a train after he wandered off too far during a hunting trip, so my family made sure to have 100% recall with all our subsequent dogs). Most of the time though, we don't need the whistle; my dog tends to stay close by.