Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[270 / 100 / ?]

ID:rfc5z24V No.417616287 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Will someone please philosophies with me for a moment? I am 17 years old and it seems time has me trapped. I have nothing to do all day but question with no one knowledgeable enough around to help me answer (that and working at McDonalds). I have never once had an enticing conversation on 4chan and its time for that to change. Members of /b/, of the Human species, I come to you with one of the more perplexing questions I have asked myself. It most definitely is a question I cannot answer completely until death. What is the purpose of this universe? Think where you are right now. In a room same as I with the 4 dimensions of space and time. Your room is on a rock which is the 3rd planet closest to a meager star. A star insignificantly small compared to other stars of which rest in this small Milky Way galaxy. This tiny galaxy out of an uncountable amount, all wrapped in what is in theory an ever expanding and morphing, un-explainable space. There is no way of knowing from inside what is beyond this place. So ill ask again, what is the purpose of this universe? Is it keeping us trapped? Are we in exile? Or does whats outside have a plan for us? Help me out bros, ill try and ask moot the same to excite conversation but i doubt he'l answer, hes a busy man. The human race needs people to ask questions, to explore all that we were given.
>inb4 get out newfag ur 17 lol
>inb4 dude wut
>inb4 i have met someone with a mind like mine. im looking for you.

tr;dl Philosophy thread, come use your fucking brain