Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[43 / 21 / ?]

ID:WI0MlJ6y No.458986589 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /b/, I'm here to tell you a story. A story I promise will stick with you for the rest of your life in one way or another.

All I ask is that you read it to the end. If I have ever made a promise in my life it's this; it's worth the read. Don't let yourself stop reading. Just DO NOT STOP, please.

You see I know why you're miserable. I know why you stay up late at night, restlessly staring at your screen unfulfilled. I know why you push people away, and more importantly I know why you won't let yourself be happy.

No, it has nothing to do with how you look.
No, it has nothing to do with where you work or how much money you earn.
No, it has nothing to do with the verbal diarrhea you beat yourself up over every night.

It has nothing to do with those disorders you self diagnosed or medicate. Your social anxiety for that matter doesn't even exist, it's nothing but a by-product of the longest and most elaborate lie you've ever told yourself.

But I know what it is, and I need to tell you now because before this day is over my understanding of what I'm writing right now will mostly be gone.

That which destroys you, that which hurts you is what you mistake to be yourself. The voice you speak to yourself with? You think that's you? Yeah, it's not.
Your greatest enemy is your ego. Think about it. You probably felt a little surge go through you when you read that word didn't you? Ego. A million tiny little unspoken objections to the notion of considering what I'm writing. It's afraid of what's coming, it's afraid you might listen.