Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[12 / 0 / ?]

[1341366059] What i wrote when i broke up with my gf

No.24139 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I wrote this when I broke up with my gf and I found it on my phone I thought the transition was interesting.
>Excuse poor grammar, haha, I did write this on a phone. Feel free to critique or comment.

May 23 2012(wed)
    There is one bright and vivid light left in my life. Even though I feel it is not enough to completely chase away the darkness that threatens to envelope my person. I haven’t
taken the time to appreciate the warmth and comfort it has to offer. Instead I’ve only kicked dirt on the embers that keep this light ablaze when I should have been feeding the flame with my own love and happiness. I don’t feel apologizing is right in this situation, the past is not something any known entity can change, the future, however, is mine to grasp by the throat and make my own. I can’t promise to always keep the flame lit or burning nearly as brightly as it does now, nor can I make the resolve to be completely fearless of being burnt for getting too close. Even if I know that the scar left behind will heal over time, but it’s never the scar that makes people resent such affliction. It’s the root of the scar that brings even the most stoic men to their knees’. The power and subtlety of such an imminent force is almost unmatched in its ability to maim.
    Even I can articulate that this force offers such an excruciating burn, it can melt a steel heart. Which is why feeding these sensitive embers can also bring an enormous amount of uncertainty and risk. However. I have a strong premonition that if I don’t man up, seize the opportunity at bay, and feed the fire everything I have then it will quickly starve and fade away, leaving with me no light, nothing but the darkness in my heart to flush out the loneliness and sadness that is always on the breach. But there is always danger present, if I feed the fire too much too quickly, the result will be violently devastating. The flames will scorch my already meager heart, and the embers will suffocate due to my own ignorance and greed. leaving the light to burn out. The probability of this malicious conclusion, no matter my resolution, makes perception of true happiness, warmth, and love an exceptionally difficult concept to grasp.

Jun. 3 2012(Sun)
    The embers of the fire that brought the magnificent light have been suffocated by no other then its own curator. The old darkness seeps in and begins to set in along with the new scar that still burns crimson with torment and oozes the putrid green puss of depression; along with this new found scar, this sadness, and this atrocious pain. A New emotion has emerged from the depth of my being. One satiated with uncertainty, confusion, and apathy for all things. As my body realizes that it’s alone again the darkness begins to creep into my soul, I feel like I have no one to trust, no one that cares. The light yearns to illuminate my person and chase away this pessimism that invokes me. But I murdered its source of immaculate power through suffocation and greed. I bring this pain and unhappiness upon myself. I once read that trust always brings pain, and by trusting this divine luminance I’ve become my own harbinger. I can’t expect a simple light to bring me bliss. I should only acknowledge its radiant flame, embrace its warmth, and caress its stagnant beauty. With the help of the flame ,this light, I believe I can find true happiness. But not with the light alone, I need to find my own path and carve my future with my own hand.