Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 0 / ?]

[1352335373] Death Vows - My New Novel

No.24320 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Wow, I didn't know 4Chan had a section like this. ^_^ Awesome. Anyway, I'm writing a novel right now. It's a supernatural mystery - with romance, of course - and I'm trying to build a platform for it before presenting it to publishers and agents this spring. I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind going to the Facebook page promoting it and checking it out. If you like what you see, I'd love it if you'd like the page for it. (In return, if you need to get the word out about your own work, I'd be more than happy to assist you in like.)

Here's a quick excerpt before you click:

I heard the tires squealing on the blacktop, my adrenaline spiking to punctuate the noise. No, no, no... I pushed myself harder, knowing where I needed to go. Knowing who to run to. I turned and ran up the hillside, toward my house, through the woods. Please, please, please...
I slipped through the sparse trees that formed a windbreak between the cemetery and my house, dashing my foot against a giant block of quartz someone placed for decoration. The horn of his car permeated the tranquil night, letting me know how furious I made him. I might die, I thought. Tonight, he might actually kill me.
The thought fueled my fear and I ignored my rapidly swelling foot as I half-ran, half-limped across the gravel driveway and up the porch steps. Please...and there he stood in the open door, the warm light casting a soothing backdrop on his broad, muscular form. I toppled into his arms, gasping for breath and utterly exhausted from my escape.
His car peeled up the gravel driveway in the distance, fortunately unable to take my shortcut in his vehicle, and my protector dragged me in the door with him. He closed and locked the door behind us, then turned to face me with a worried furrow in his brow.
“Are you hurt?” he asked, his deep brown eyes smoldering with rage against my attacker. My whole body hurt, but I hated to worry him.
I opened my mouth to speak when I heard his heavy footsteps on the porch, uneven and heavy with drink. “William...” my voice warbled with terror, my skin drawn tight over my face as I expressed my horror there.
William’s jaw clenched with barely contained anger—an emotion to which I felt a strong aversion, even when William showed signs of it. My attacker’s face appeared outside the window, between the drawn panels of the tattered eighteenth century drapes. His pale butterscotch eyes gleamed in the candlelight that poured from our home, his graying sandy hair matted against his perspiring forehead. It made me remember my earlier ordeal, the rage that powered every blow of his fist as I tried and failed to withstand the pain.
Suddenly, he disappeared and a loud crash came against the door as he fought against it in his drunken stupor. I felt an icy sensation sweep through my stomach. William whipped his head around to glare at the entryway, but then he turned back to me and smiled, erasing my fear for a moment. When he smiled, I felt safe. The doorknob stopped rattling and all signs of that man’s presence disappeared.
“He’s gone, my love. Can’t you rest now?” he asked me gently, stepping forward and wrapping his arms around me. His long black hair framed his face in such a way that it accented his angular features and made his sultry chocolate orbs irresistible.
I reached up and pressed my palm against his cheek. He leaned against the warmth and closed his eyes. “You know he isn’t really gone, William...” He sighed, eyes still shut.
“...and I will have to let you go?” His lashes fluttered for a moment before lifting away. I wanted to stay with him so badly, but...
“For now, William. Only for now.” He nodded, kissing my forehead. He frowned as he unwound his long arms from my body, allowing me to fall backward. Instead of slamming against the floor, I fell into a deep chasm I failed to notice when I initially entered the room.

~

Thanks for reading this!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Death-Vows/132652990159842