Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 0 / ?]

[1352944783] English Project

No.24335 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A large company moved along a lonely road. It was the height of the winter months. The wind was fiercely cold and blinding. The company consisted of 12 armed soldiers. Guardians of the White Cross. Leading them was a white-haired man. His red eyes shone from amongst his scarves and wraps. They had a commanding look to them.
   The wind was cold against the white-haired Guardian. The man shuddered against the cold, pulling his long cloak against him. A large white cross emblazoned onto the back of it. His sword jingled lightly at his side as his horse slowly plodded along.  “Kailar, We should make camp. The wind cuts at our skin like daggers.” A female voice spoke amongst the party. “Yes, You are right, Caia.” He dismounted his horse. “Kartha, Clear the snow and trees.” He said to the largest man in the compant. The large man grunted in reply and walked past Kailar. He stood, his arms extended. “Melik!” He shouted. There was a loud whoosh, and the snow was cleared from their vision. What showed was a large clearing. “Good as always, Kartha.” Kailar patted the man on his back. “Zareh, Cairn, Uldyr. Setup camp. Caia, Lead a scouting part and search the woods. We don’t want any of Arikath’s men after us” The woman nodded and took two other men with her into the forest.
   Kailar sat in his tent, sharpening his blade when a black haired elf entered. “Ah, Iskin. Please, Sit down.” Kailar said, offering his chair to her. She took the chair as he sat on his bedding. "What can I do for you?" The man said, smiling. Iskin whispered to him. "We've been followed. Ever since we left the Red Dragon Inn." Kailar looked at her and reached for his sword. "Iskin. Get to your tent, Grab your weapons and prepare for a fight." He muttered. Iskin nodded, and walked to her tent. Almost simultaneously, A battlecry split the air. Kailar emerged from his tent to find a clan of bandits charging the camp. Kartha emerged from his tent with a large axe. He swung it at a nearby Bandit, shattering the poor mans ribcage. Kailar slashed at a charging Bandits chest, and slit his throat while he fell. Iskin stabbed another multiple times in the chest. Kailar turned to deflect a blade aimed for his spine, but an arrow pierced the Bandits neck before he could move. Caia charged from the forest, two other archers picking off the Bandits. The battle went on for hours. Kailar cut and slashed at Bandits left and right.
   When the battle finally ended. The ground was littered with broken bodies and blood. "Report, Zareh." Kailar said to the wounded Initiate. "Sir, One casualty on our side. Cairn. Took an arrow to his heart. Killed him instantly sir." He lowered his head. Kailar sighed "Have Kartha dig a grave for him. We bury him here. Burn their dead." The Initiate nodded and went to carry out Kailars orders. Iskin walked up to Kailar. She put a hand on his shoulder. He turned and looked at the Elf. Her green eyes looked into his red eyes. "What troubles you, Kailar. Battle usually puts you in a joyful mood." She asked, puzzled. Kailar sighed "I didn't think they would follow us. I'm making mistakes." He said, looking away. Iskin turned his face towards her. "Everyone makes mistakes, Kailar. Don't blame yourself." She replied. Kailar turned his whole body to her. "I can't make mistakes. I can't lose anymore men. We lost a good man today. Cairn was young and strong, and he died because of my mistake!" He yelled. Iskin was unphased. "Fine, Wallow in your own self pity. The longer you put the blame on yourself, The more men we will lose." She snapped and stalked away. Kailar walked back to his tent, layed in his cot, and let the sweet embrace of sleep take him.

Thoughts?