Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 0 / ?]

[1371121575] oc, quest of the hyper gamma male

No.24742 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
There is this girl. She doesn’t hate me. But, she doesn’t actively like me. She is/was a tad of discreet sleeze. She is rather desirable in many what ways otherwise, much more so than anyone I continue to be able to model in my mind.

I am embarrassed by my love. I was going to face it and let what falls falls since she was a wonderful friend. We had grown distant. I had avoided her because I was worried I could ruin my friendship with someone so perfect!

And then, I see it, on fucking facebook! She has a boyfriend. From what I seen, I think they where ex-es and got back together, or something. Cause it’s been just a short while but they had a long time history of some nature or the other such that they basically agreed to reunite again (perhaps seperated by travel?).

So, I was not bothered. I am sure my love is genuine enough to outclass his, or at least match it. I would open my hand and declare my enemy and let the match be played to her liking.

But, as I was preparing my steed and shining my armour I couldn’t help but glance at the computer. And alas! I had jealously opened up his fucking facebook profile.

And I see some crappy comment about his mom to him (what a spud!) telling him to send his regards to my gracious lady.

A valient knight such as I cannot help being troubled. My ethics holds that a mothers love is a dear thing. I fear hurting his mom, as much as I would have triumphantly splayed his body open in single combat before dipping my lance into the radiant body of my love.

My own mother gave me a turbulent childhood and for this, in part, I avoid attachment to my parents and to everyone. But I know how it could have been.

I face a difficult decision, between someone I love and perhaps the only person I would have allowed myself to get anywhere close to, as a lover, and even as a friend; Where I am otherwise a recluse, mourning the lack of men and women of quality in my social reach VS bringing hardship to someone with a mother’s love.

*PLOT TWIST*

this is a book. what should the protagonist do next?