Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!nJ/WemaAw
[141 / 0 / ?]

Roundtable discussion

!!nJ/WemaAw No.999128 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright /c/, we’ve got ourselves a bit of a problem and I propose we work together to find a solution.

The problem is the ever-increasing number of requests and threads like “ITT: cuteness GO!” that receive no contribution from the OPs that create them. This, combined with the annoying spambots ultimately results in dozens (yes, dozens) of decent threads being bumped off page 10 per day.

The methods I and others have used to curb this trend have been met with support as well as criticism from the /c/ community. Some of this criticism is understandable and sometimes rightly deserved as each individual has different approach, but the back-and-forth discussion has not yielded much more than poo flinging from both sides. This being /c/ where people get along surprisingly well, I’d like to propose my idea to solving this problem and open it up for discussion.

[message continued in next posts]