Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[56 / 0 / ?]

Dilemma...

No.1443283 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok people, i'm in a little dilemma...
I'm not from the US, so gurren lagann is still undercosplayed, mostly because our weather is starting to be warm right now, and i have the perfect body shape for Yoko (also, cute face. I deny to post myself, but i'm 34-24-35, hourglass, 5,4" and 105 lbs). I joined a masquerade with the pre-timeskip costume, we need to pre-register almost 2 months before the con, i have everything to do it, but...
... due to the economical crisis i'm near to bankrupcy and US dollar rised like mad and now, buying a good wig out from eBay or whatever place out from here it's almost 1/3 more expensive than 3 months ago and we haven't good places to buy good wigs for less than 300 USD
I have good skills with wigs, and i use to work as wig stylist... almost always with cheap quality wigs (party ones), so i think i can manage to make a "rather nice" wig with the materials i have here. The biggest issue is that i'm already used to wear good wigs and i can't stand wearing a cheap one, even when i know how to make them look nice (i know how to ride out from the ugly shine, how to stub them, etc) i have this costume planned since last year and almost everything done but the wig ("i'll buy it later, what can go wrong?!" ¬¬)...
What can i do? make something cheap with what i have at hand for now and wait till dollar go down again and buy a good one? go with my own hair? not going to the masquerade and start watching the endless line of fail yokos?

I'm already sick of fail yokos outside my country to stand the fail here before doing it well for myself...
That's it. I hope you can help me, i really don't know what to do