Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 1 / ?]

No.4391527 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/cgl/, is it a good idea to cosplay along with my friends at a con to "fit in"?

I feel like I'm going to get a lot of shit for this, but I don't think cosplaying is nearly as 'cool' as I did many years ago. I have a lot of negative feelings towards it because of the obnoxious behavior I encountered with most cosplayers, (e.g. glomping) and the attitudes of those around me. Namely my boyfriend and family, who see it as something childish and stupid.

Regardless, I feel that by not cosplaying I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy myself with the group of people I'm going to the convention with. I enjoy sewing and making things and showing those things off to people who appreciate them.

I'm genuinely conflicted on this and in no way meant to sound condescending with anything I've said, just wondering if /cgl/ would have some insight to this.