Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[15 / 2 / ?]

No.4392475 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/cgl/, tell me about your experience with lower-end hotels, i.e. Econo Lodge. I was looking to book a hotel for an upcoming con and out of curiosity I searched for hotels in the area not affiliated with the con. There's an Econo Lodge the same distance from the convention as the hotel I was otherwise going to stay at, and it's -significantly- cheaper, AND comes with freebies the other hotels charge you for (like internet and a fridge and microwave and free breakfast), AND even when i added on a rollaway bed so no one would have to sleep on the floor, it's still cheaper than the other hotel. naturally I booked it. but i wonder, what's the catch? the hotel isn't as nice-looking from what i can see, that seems to be the only difference. have you had bad experiences in lower-star hotels? ive heard sometimes they smell bad or arent as clean. should i just bring some fabreeze or something?

pic obviously not related