Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[31 / 12 / ?]

A-Kon/Dallas/Etc

No.4409342 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is the OP/creator of the red/black leather schoolgirl thread, but I wanted to create a separate thread for this to keep it separate from feedback on my work.

I'm friends with a lot of cosplayers, and have always enjoyed Renaissance festivals, but never went to an anime/gaming convention. They've finalled persuaded me to go. However, I'm in a terrible rut of what to go as.

Pic is me. I am not skinny (6'0, 170lbs), but I can wear formfitting/smaller sized stuff. I need some tips what to go as. I've never been a big anime person besides Sailor Moon/Cardcaptors, but I am a mega RPG gamer. I will be blonde at the end of may, but I can wear a wig. I also have started buying up stuff to do drag (I'm in a circle of a lot of drag queens, and finally wanting to give it a shot as well. Why be a designer if you can't wear your own stuff sometimes?) so I'm not afraid to cosplay as a girl if I can find a suitable character for my facial features.

Have at it CGL. Also, discuss Dallas anime/gaming conventions, have you been to one, and have you been to A-Kon (The longest running anime convention in North America. 22 years)

By the way, not a tool. I take goofy pictures :)