Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 1 / ?]

No.4414739 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You guys here are pretty knowledgeable and crafty so I thought I might ask you a fabric/cloth-related question!

I bought some really light pink ballerina flats from Urban a while ago. They appear to be made out of some sort of fake suede that easily picks up dirt and collect water "stains." After a few wears they looked pretty dirty so without thinking anything of it I stuck them in the washing machine. When they were done, one shoe came out normal and the other shoe came out way darker. I was like, what and put them through a couple of more washes thinking maybe something got washed from one shoe but not the other but it seems like the other shoe is permanently stuck a darker color somehow and it's really disappointing. Does anyone have any ideas on what happened or how I can make the shoes the same color again? Should I let them sit in some bleach for a while or something?