Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!PX8vOTmr7eX
[216 / 90 / ?]

!!PX8vOTmr7eX No.4831538 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What is the deal with cosplayers? Now you'd think I'd be making fun of them but I gotta say this is some really interesting stuff. These folks actually go to conventions and dress up in costumes in days other than Halloween. I mean that's just awesome. Remember how after Halloween you looked for any excuse to wear that cool Superman costume again but your mom said no as you're supposed to wear a suit to church or some other silly reason? See that's what cosplayers are, just people with really cool parents.

There's just one thing about the hobby I just don't understand is how cosplayers WANT to be photographed. If I walked outside wearing a blue wig and wore an outfit made out of colored plastic, you can bet I'd leave a trail of broken cameras and cell phones behind. These cosplayers are breaking costume protocol, as soon as you see an adult you ask for candy not a photo. Least with a candy bar you get a tasty snack as opposed to being the laughing stock of your workplace. Now you know why Superman has a secret identity.

Speaking of crazy outfits. I just found out about a new part of cosplay called steampunk but I can't get into that as much. For some reason when I see steampunk cosplayers, I can't help but think there's a nearby Rolex factory that can't meet their quota on account all their watch parts are missing.