Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[20 / 3 / ?]

Help me make a life for myself?

No.2776258 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
hey /ck/

I'm planning on putting up a food stand in a suburban area and sell sticks of either fried dough, fried pancake batter, or fried corndog batter, covered in powdered sugar with dip included.

Very juvenile, amateur, and poorfag, I know, but it's not very common to sell these in the country I live in, so I believe that I might be able to start something and grow a business here.

People in this board are kinder than others so I hope you'll answer some of my questions. I'm very, VERY new at this so please pardon any stupidity you might read:

- What's the best way to keep pastries warm for an entire day? I was thinking of steaming, but then that only works great for Chinese buns. I've considered using the dough for that instead, but I don't know if it would taste good with powdered sugar and dip.

- How would you go about deep frying dough or pancake/corndog batter? I know pancake/corndog batter is mostly used for coating other foods, but can it be deep fried as is? I can imagine deep frying dough like french fries, but for batter I imagine it would only mix with the oil and not retain shape.