Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[24 / 0 / ?]

No.698705 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Oh man,

When I was home for Thanksgiving, I was talking about wanting a blackpot. My stepdad went off and came back with a massive (FUCKING MASSIVE) cast iron pot. He said I could have. He was tired of lifting, damn thing weights close to 30 or 40 lbs. Even though it's big, it still fits on my stove perfect.

So I open it up, and it hits me. Rancid grease. He said that's the catch. I have to scrub out all the seasoning and re-season it. He quit using it a long time ago, because it was too heavy to lift, and put some oil in it keep it from rusting, but never cooked the oil into it. But he said not to worry. It wasn't old or anything, no century of seasoning. He had bought it a few years ago, because he wanted a big pot, but this one was just too damned heavy.

I just finished scrubbing it, went though half a box of SOS pads, and it's in the oven right now, seasoning nice and good.

Now begins the seasoning. In about 50 years, I am going to have a bad ass pot! Seriously though, I'm excited to start cooking in it.