Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[16 / 4 / ?]

No.25550553 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi /co/. Lately I've been getting REALLY ambitious and doing everything I've always wanted to do, and recently, I've had this strong desire to master drawing. However, Im at a loss as to whether drawing on paper or drawing with a tablet would be good for me. Personally, I'd rather draw with a tablet because I get to dick around endlessly and not give a damn whether I save it or not. It might sound pretty silly, but Id like that kind of freedom because I feel kind of guilty drawing for practice on actual paper. That, and I hate erasing mistakes and fucking up the paper. A simple button press sounds cool to me haha. But, would a tablet somehow stunt any progress, and if not, which should I get? Im also rather poor, and around the 50 dollar ballpark I start feeling funny for my wallet haha but I can spend more or less depending on the pros and cons. By 100 I'll begin to seriously reconsider.

TLDR Poor, I wanna master drawing, is a tablet a good idea, and if so, which should I get?