Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!oCHsyMELEY
[404 / 129 / ?]

Gunther, Lord of the Void

!oCHsyMELEY No.32281203 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Way back in the Nightosphere episode, Marceline's Dad tells Gunther-prime that he is the single most evil, dark-souled being he has ever encountered. He proposes a partnership between the two of them, which Gunther responds to by bitch-slapping the deathless lord of the Nightosphere. We shrug it off as a joke.

>Re-watching the videos in the Xmas special, disturbing trends begin to appear involving Gunther.

>Tape 1 - Ice King is beginning his video diaries (presumably again) and begins recording his thoughts. Only a few seconds in, Gunther climbs up onto the bed and waddles toward the camera. The Ice King stops him and mentions to the camera "I'm not wearing my-" twice before he is cut off each time by a protesting quack from Gunther. Ice King begins musing that "There must be more to life than this". Gunther puts a stop to this train of thought with another quack, which the Ice King acknowledges by saying "I know, you don't like it when I'm contemplative." This tape ends with IK and Gunther doing a silly play in which Gunther wears the Ice Crown, seemingly unaffected by it.

>Tape 2 - The IK is having a dance party with himself and 2 Penguins, both of whom he refers to as "Gunther". The larger one walks toward the camera and reaches for it before being stopped again by the IK and scolded

>Tape 3 begins with IK crying heavily into the camera. Finn impatiently fast-forwards through what he says, but then slows down and plays a very calm, collected, introspective Ice King who worries that "His entire life is just stuck on one big loop, like I'm in some giant hamster wheel"