Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[193 / 146 / ?]

No.35121309 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/co/, tonight we're going to take a look at arguably one of the greatest surrealist comics ever published. A comic that was the product of two things: The immense variety and diversity that the medium possesed prior to the CCA functionally killing off any comic that wasn't superheroes or children's humor, as well as an era in time when much of the western world was fascinated with Freudian concepts such as dream analysis.

The comic I'm talking about is a four part series from the early 50s called "The Strange World of Your Dreams" by the same team that brought us Captain America: Joe Simon and Jack F'N Kirby.

The comic dramatizes (supposedly) real people's actual dreams that were apparently mailed in to the publisher. It also features some dream analysis by some real life guy who I'm assuming was some sort of psychiatrist. The tone of the stories is VERY unusual and should appeal to anyone with an interest in surrealism or just out-of-the-ordinary comics in general.

I'll be storytiming all four issues tonight (even including advertisements). Just keep in mind that it'll take at least a couple of hours because I'm doing something else at the moment and will have to take a handful of breaks during the dump. I really think you guys will like these comics and hopefully they'll help /co/ to better understand and appreciate just how much variety in both themes and genres that the medium has since lost.