Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[182 / 25 / ?]

No.38276202 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, What do you think of Slipshine comics? I mean the service structure, price, quality of art. I understand that smut is not for everyone. I ask you guys since I am sure that any of the other boards on here would just bombard me with "Grorious Nippon" bullshit.

I personally think that they are charging a mid-level publisher style premium for shit that ranges from decent indie quality to "Deviantart" bullshit. The inclusion of MoonOverJune just makes me even less willing to pay for this shit. The one or two comics that I personally would be willing to pay for are just not worth that fucking price and it's sad, because I feel that these guys would actually be able to make money off of their art if they were not tied to all of the other shit that Slipshine offers.

Also, to the artists on the board, do services like Slipshine actually benefit you compared to electronic self publishing? I would totally pay for people's stuff individually but I can't see how a library of such varied quality and styles could possibly get many people to see it as worth the price.