Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[214 / 45 / ?]

CN the most successful l it's ever been! :)

No.45894580 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello Cartoon Fans! I just came her to see if you heard the good news!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/12/12/cartoon-network-crowns-20th-birthday-with-most-watched-year-in-its-history/161458/

I’m just so proud to have taken the work of Turner and Samples to literally unforeseen new heights.

So I came here to ask you, how does it feel?

Does it hurt knowing that not only have I thrived in this channel but usurped the glory of all your childhood idols?

Or is it more of a phlegmatic burn as you feel your relevancy slowly slipping away from you as the warm womb of nostalgia erupts you into the cold vacuum of reality?

Did you cry when your favorite shows were carelessly cut down as the masses showered me with gold? When I tossed your fabled fantasies to the dregs of the broadcasting like David unto Uriah, did you still hold hope? Did you desperately cling to your false faiths and petitions to provide you with the illusion that you truly mattered?

Or did you descend into your squalid tombs of despair, becoming cold to world as your dreams died to thunderous applause?

Well I’ll tell you what I did, First thing in the morning every day I get up, do my Pilates, have my gorgeous wife bring me a glass of home pressed wine after fabulous sex, and then pull up my laptop and laugh

Laugh at those foolish enough to think their meager minority matters.

Laugh at those who would bet on integrity over industry.

Laugh at the poor, deluded fools who had their idols torn down in front of them to the joy of millions.

Church is over, the sermon is done, the wardrobe has been locked and they key has been thrown away.

God is dead, and I am his tombstone.

Amen.