Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[7 / 0 / ?]

[1105060383] MP3 player firmware

No.298 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I recently bought a cheap-arse Jada J-885 MP3 player from ebay, and one thing I'd like to do is change the shitty startup logos and animations. Some similar generic players let you do this, and I'd imagine since it's a software function, updated firmware and/or software would do the job. But I can't find the manufacturer's website (if they even have one) and the firmware version on the included CD is older than the version on the player (which is credited to "Wilson Co Ltd" in the flashing software, the old version is apparently from "Actions zhuhai"). So.. anyway, does anyone know
a) if these generic mp3 players are usually intercompatible, firmware-wise
b) "Jada"'s real name or website, or indeed any of the firmware companies
c) somewhere I can get a version that allows you to change the startup stuff
d) a way to download the current firmware, so I don't have to go back to the old CD version if c) screws up
e) something else