Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[3 / 0 / ?]

[1315105479] Finding a .DLL in .EXE?

No.81418 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I tried asking /g/ but they were useless, so I'll ask here as well.

I'm trying to make a packet editor to seem invisible to GameGuard (the editor is already blocked) but I'm having a bit of trouble with it.

I know it's possible, since I've done it with other programs, but I just can't seem to do it with this one.

The point I get stuck at, is the .exe fine is calling a DLL in it's local folder, call it XYZ.dll, so it can run.

GameGuard detects when this DLL is injected into the game, and it shuts down. I've changed the name of the DLL and now all that I have left to do is find the name in the .exe and change it there as well.

Problem is, I can't find it! I've searched for XYZ.dll in both Unicode and text strings, searched for only "XYZ" disassembled the .exe and looked for a reference in it, and what not.

As a matter a fact, I can't find ANY reference to any DLL file that the .exe requires. I only find the windows ones.

The .exe is either not encrypted(since I can modify the text, internal process name, etc etc) or just partly encrypted.

Help me out guys, or point to someone who CAN help out.