Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[9 / 0 / ?]

[1382013401] Fucking Australian Pieces of Shit

No.86293 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, I'm just coming out of the shitter of the Australian education system now. In year 9, students across my country received these free laptops made by Lenovo - pretty decent for basic tasks, not good for games or any of that but whatever.

At the end of a student's schooling life, they give you the laptop. It's a free fucking laptop. But as soon as you sign your name and download the clean OS, free of all that government blocking shit, everything goes to hell. That Windows 7 security upgrade that fucked up a bunch of computers? Hit my shitbook twice. Had to take it in for re-imaging twice. And now some shit's happened again. and I can't fix it.

There's no disc drive on these. No fucking disc drive. I can't burn a Windows 7 disc to repair my system, because I can't run it on the laptop. Instead, I have to go through all this trouble to install an ISO onto a USB drive and run that to hopefully fix that problem. Whereas it'd take about half an hour if that to burn a disc, the process of repurposing a USB drive to run this ISO has taken half an hour - for ONE HALF of it to be scanned for bad sectors. It's a free laptop, but is it worth doing all this bullshit just to keep it running? Would it have been so hard to add a disc drive, even a fucking CD drive, in the event of a fucking boot failure?

Fuck Windows. fuck the Australian government. Fuck Lenovo.